25 products added to the Discount Not Deducted (DND) list from April 2023
Following applications made by PSNC to the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA), a further 25 new products were classed as ‘Drugs for which Discount is Not Deducted’ (DND) from 1 April 2023. This took the total number of products granted DND status to over 600 products following checks made by PSN cover the past 3 years.
- Alpha tocopheryl acetate 500mg/5ml oral suspension
- Byannli 1000mg/5ml prolonged-release suspension for injection pre-filled syringes
- Byannli 700mg/3.5ml prolonged-release suspension for injection pre-filled syringes
- Dexcom One CGM System (contains 1 sensor, 1 sensor applicator, 1 transmitter) (Dexcom International Ltd)
- Dexcom One Sensor (Dexcom International Ltd) 1 kit
- Dexcom One Sensor (Dexcom International Ltd) 3 kit
- Dexcom One Transmitter (Dexcom International Ltd) 1
- Granisetron 3mg/3ml solution for injection ampoules
- Magnesium sulfate 10% (magnesium 0.4mmol/ml) solution for injection 10ml ampoules
- Metformin 1g/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Metformin 850mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
- Metronidazole 200mg/5ml oral suspension
- Nizatidine 300mg capsules
- Paracetamol 240mg suppositories
- Passio disposable collection kit – PAS-10
- Propiverine 15mg tablets
- Quinagolide 50microgram tablets and Quinagolide 25microgram tablets
- Renvela 0.8g oral powder sachets
- Rifampicin 150mg capsules
- Sodium chloride 30% solution for infusion 100ml vials
- Sodium chloride 30% solution for injection 10ml ampoules
- Tagrisso 80mg tablets
- Timolol 10mg / Bendroflumethiazide 2.5mg tablets
- Vancomycin 500mg powder for solution for infusion vials
- Water for injections 100ml vials
For a list of all the monthly changes to the DND status of products please see the following page Notice of changes to discount not deducted (DND) status of products.
The DND list is updated monthly by the DHSC and includes grouped and individual items. Individual items are separately listed in Part II of the Drug Tariff. Any items covered by the ‘Group Items’ heading are not listed again individually in Part II. Contractors can also check the Actual Medicinal Product (AMP) listing on Dictionary of Medicines and Devices (dm+d) to identify whether a product meets the DND criteria (see below).
Any products that are covered by one or more of the Group items categories below are reimbursed without any discount deduction applied.
- Cold Chain Storage (ALL)
- Schedule 1, 2 or 3 Controlled Drugs: Products containing drugs listed in Schedules 1, 2 and 3 of the Misuse of Drugs Regulation 2001
- Cytotoxic or Cytostatic item (ALL):
- Immunoglobulins (ALL)
- Insulins for injection (ALL)
- Vaccines and antisera (ALL)
- Unlicensed medicines: ‘Specials’ not listed in Part VIIIB where the product has been sourced from a supplier holding a MHRA specials or importers licence (prescriptions must be endorsed with invoice price less discount/rebate)
- Hazardous chemicals
Products that do not are covered by one or more of the Group item categories above must fulfil all three of the following criteria to qualify for entry to the DND list.
- the manufacturer(s), AAH and Alliance do not offer pharmacy contractors a discount
- fewer than 500,000 items per year are dispensed of the product
- average net ingredient cost (NIC) per item is more than £50
PSNC will continue its work to assess whether other drugs and appliances fulfil the current DND entry requirements under either the ‘Group’ and ‘Individual item’ criteria and make applications to NHSBSA and DHSC, accordingly.
If a product is currently subject to the discount deduction scale and you believe that it should be added to DND list based on the criteria specified above, please contact the PSNC Dispensing and Supply Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org who will investigate whether the product meets the relevant DND criteria and make an application to the DHSC and NHSBSA, as appropriate.
For further information on how discount deduction works, click here.