Our Structure & Governance
Published on: 9th February 2022 | Updated on: 7th July 2023
Community Pharmacy England last reviewed its structures and made changes to its composition in 2010.
Community Pharmacy England Structure
With effect from 1st April 2023, the Community Pharmacy England has 25 members on its main committee:
- 10 members elected on a regional basis from England;
- 2 members nominated by the Board of the National Pharmacy Association;
- 9 members nominated by the Company Chemists’ Association;
- 3 members elected from the non Company Chemists’ Association multiples; and
- a non-executive chair.
A list of all members can be found on our Committee page.
There are six sub-committees:
- Funding and Contract;
- Legislation and Regulatory Affairs;
- LPC and Contractor Support;
- Resource Development and Finance;
- Service Development; and
- Communications and Public Affairs.
Community Pharmacy England Subcommittee Remits (revised May 2018)
All members of Community Pharmacy England adhere to corporate governance principles adopted by the Committee in April 2003. Members are also required to adhere to a Code of Conduct.
Concerns and issues about Community Pharmacy England or its work may be raised in a variety of ways.
- Formal complaints or concerns from a contractor may be raised through the Community Pharmacy England Committee Member who represents the contractor (i.e. the member they have appointed or elected), or through the contractor’s LPC.
- Complaints from contractors, LPCs or from anyone else, including patients, may also be raised with any Community Pharmacy England Committee Member including Subcommittee Chairs; or directly with the Chief Executive, staff members or the Chair of Community Pharmacy England.
- Anyone can raise a complaint about Community Pharmacy England via email. Complaints sent to this email address are considered by the Chair of the Review and Audit Panel or by the Chief Executive, as appropriate.