Book now for our Regulatory Changes Webinar
THIS CONTENT HAS NOW EXPIRED
Gordon Hockey, Director of Legal, will be hosting a PSNC webinar about upcoming changes to the Pharmaceutical Regulations on Tuesday 16th May at 7pm.
The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and NHS England has introduced a package of regulatory changes in response to the current pressures on community pharmacy, and calls from PSNC for regulatory easements to help contractors to manage the workforce and cost pressures. While the package is an inadequate response to the pressures and one aspect is divisive (and they were opposed by PSNC), some of the changes have some merit and may assist contractors.
PSNC’s webinar will cover the regulatory changes due to come into force from 25th May 2023. Gordon will outline the flexibilities for contractors to close for rest breaks and the provisions against which Integrated Care Boards (ICBs) may agree local hours plans. He will also look at business continuity plans to deal with temporary closures, and review the options for 100-hour pharmacies to reduce their core hours.
During the webinar, viewers will learn about:
- the procedure for introducing or changing rest breaks;
- creating and using business continuity plans to deal with temporary closures;
- the use of local hours plans that give participating pharmacies in an area temporarily reduced opening hours;
- the options for 100-hour pharmacies to reduce their total weekly opening hours (subject to requirements); and
- other regulatory amendments, including revised procedures for changing core and supplementary opening hours.
There will also be an opportunity for attendees to ask questions.