Medicine Supply Notification: Diazepam 2mg/5ml oral solution sugar free
Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has issued a medicine supply notification for Diazepam 2mg/5ml oral solution sugar free.
Tier 2 – medium impact
Date of issue 5th December 2023
- Diazepam 2mg/5ml oral solution sugar free is out of stock until February 2024.
- Diazepam 2mg/5ml oral suspension is not currently marketed in the UK.
- Diazepam tablets remain available.
- Unlicensed diazepam 2mg/5ml oral suspension (sugar free) ‘Specials’ can be sourced.
The following Specials manufacturers have confirmed they can manufacturer diazepam 2mg/5ml oral suspension sugar free (please note, there may be other companies):
If there is currently no listing on dm+d for the imported product for prescribers to select using their prescribing systems an EPS prescription for the unlicensed product cannot be issued. Where a prescriber wishes to prescribe a specially manufactured or imported product, an FP10 paper prescription should be issued as ‘Diazepam 2mg/5ml oral suspension sugar free (Special Order)’ and endorsed by the pharmacy as a non-Part VIIIB special with the following information:
- Amount dispensed over pack size used;
- Invoice price per pack size from which the order was supplied less any discount or rebate;
- Manufacturers’/importers’ MHRA licence number;
- Batch number of the product supplied;
A copy of this medicine supply notification, including further information, has been sent to all pharmacy NHS email addresses.
DHSC and NHSE/I have now launched an online Medicines Supply Tool, which provides up to date information about medicine supply issues. The contents of these MSNs can now be viewed on the Tool.
The Tool also details any changes to resupply dates and updates to the entries.
To access the Tool you will need an NHS email address. Once set up and logged in, you will be able to access it online.
New shortages not listed on the SPS website, can be reported using our shortage reporting tool.