Medicine Supply Notification: Estradiol (Estradot ® ) 25micrograms/24hours, 50micrograms/24hours and 100micrograms/24hours patches
Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has issued a medicine supply notification for Estradiol (Estradot ®) 25micrograms/24hours, 50micrograms/24hours and 100micrograms/24hours patches.
Tier 2 – medium impact
Date of issue 3rd February 2023
- Estradiol (Estradot®) 25microgram/24hours patches are out of stock until w/c 13th February 2023.
- Estradiol (Estradot®) 50microgram/24hours patches are out of stock until w/c 20th February 2023.
- Estradiol (Estradot®) 100microgram/24hours patches are out of stock until w/c 13th February 2023.
- An alternative brand of estradiol patches, Evorel®, of the same respective strengths remain available and can support a full uplift in demand.
- Serious Shortage Protocols (SSPs) for Estradot® 50microgram/24hours and 100microgram/24hours patches were issued on 25/01/2023.
A copy of this medicine supply notification, including further information for pharmacy teams, has been sent to all pharmacy NHS email addresses.
DHSC and NHSE/I have now launched an online Medicines Supply Tool, which provides up to date information about medicine supply issues. The contents of these MSNs can now be viewed on the Tool.
The Tool also details any changes to resupply dates and updates to the entries.
To access the Tool you will need an NHS email address. Once set up and logged in, you will be able to access it online.
New shortages not listed on the SPS website, can be reported using our shortage reporting tool.