Medicine Supply Notification: Paracetamol 120mg and 240mg suppositories – Updated
The following updates were made on 20th March 2023:
- Paracetamol 240mg suppositories are now also out of stock.
- A Serious Shortage Protocol for paracetamol 240mg suppositories was issued on 17 March 2023.
- Paracetamol 250mg suppositories remain available and can support a full uplift in demand.
Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has issued a medicine supply notification for Paracetamol 120mg suppositories.
Tier 2 – medium impact
Date of issue 16th February 2023
- Paracetamol 120mg suppositories are out of stock until w/c 8th May 2023
- Paracetamol 125mg suppositories remain available and can support a full uplift in demand.
- A Serious Shortage Protocol (SSP) was issued on 16/02/2023
A copy of this medicine supply notification, including further information for pharmacy teams, has been sent to all pharmacy NHS email addresses.
DHSC and NHSE/I have now launched an online Medicines Supply Tool, which provides up to date information about medicine supply issues. The contents of these MSNs can now be viewed on the Tool.
The Tool also details any changes to resupply dates and updates to the entries.
To access the Tool you will need an NHS email address. Once set up and logged in, you will be able to access it online.
New shortages not listed on the SPS website, can be reported using our shortage reporting tool.