NHS Profile Manager: Winter reminder
It will soon be time for pharmacy owners to verify their NHS Profile Manager profile information.
Ahead of the 31st December 2023 deadline, we would like to remind pharmacy owners of the need for you to update NHS Profile Manager to ensure that your pharmacy’s NHS website and Directory of Services (DoS) profile information is kept up-to-date.
The Pharmacy Terms of Service requires pharmacy owners to verify profile information at least once per quarter, however the new NHS Profile Manager has been introduced to make the process as quick as possible and it can be done on either a smartphone or computer.
We continue to work with NHS England and the NHS Profile Manager team to make the process as easy as possible and to improve the management tool. Our feedback has led NHS England to automatically set pharmacy opening hours to ‘closed’ for many bank holidays (however these can be reset to ‘open’ if required).
Top tips and new features
We encourage pharmacy owners to follow these top tips for updating your pharmacy’s profile:
- Verify early: set a diary reminder for the start of each quarter* to perform the verification
- Update your profile as soon as there is any change
- Register several staff to access NHS Profile Manager for business continuity purposes. A personal NHSmail account is required to register staff members. Pharmacies are entitled to up to 10 personal NHSmail accounts.
Newer features within NHS Profile Manager mean you can now:
- Confirm whether you provide the Hypertension Case-Finding Service, Pharmacy Contraception Service and Lateral Flow Device service – within the service module.
- Update your facilities, e.g. confirmation of facilities such as car parking.
Learn more about NHS Profile Manager on our webpage.
*Note: The NHS Contract quarters are 1st April to 30th June; 1st July to 30th September; 1st October to 31st December; and 1st January to 31st March.
How to register and how to verify your profile
- Register for the NHS Profile Manager, if you haven’t already with your personal NHSmail address. You’ll need NHSmail to use NHS Profile Manager. If NHSmail related support is required please refer to guidance at the bottom of this article. If you have already registered then proceed to update your NHS Profile Manager pharmacy profile now.
- Check you can access NHS Profile Manager and your pharmacy profile.
- Check that your opening hours, contact information, facilities and services information are up to date for each profile. You can mark each module as verified even if is there is no change required to the information.
Further information and support