Dispensing Controlled Drugs webinar
Published on: 28th July 2021 | Updated on: 11th April 2023
Community Pharmacy England held a webinar about dispensing Controlled Drugs (CDs) on 27th July 2021; a recorded version is available to access below.
During the webinar our team of in-house experts explained:
- Differences between CD schedules
- Prescribing rights for CDs
- CD prescription requirements and appropriate date
- Brand prescribing of CDs
- Types of CD prescriptions (including EPS)
- Private CD prescriptions and requisitions
- Instalment dispensing
- Endorsing and submission of CD prescriptions
- Payments for CD prescriptions
- Common endorsing errors
96% of attendees found it useful, with 90% saying they would recommend it to others.
Dispensing prescriptions for Controlled Drugs factsheet
This outlines prescription requirements for CDs including prescription validity, length of treatment, owings, repeat dispensing, instalment dispensing and checks to confirm the identify of CD collectors.
Factsheet on Endorsing instalment forms correctly
This guides pharmacy teams on how to endorse FP10MDA instalment prescription forms to ensure they can be processed for payments accurately by the NHSBSA.