Services Database Dementia Identification (Bath and North East Somerset (BANES), North Somerset & South Gloucestershire Areas)
The aims of this service are to:
- improve access to support and advice for patients with memory and cognitive difficulties;
- offer a simple intervention to identify patients with memory and cognitive difficulties so they can be directed to their GP for further investigation;
- provide early intervention so patients are investigated at an early stage;
- provide the early intervention of patients to help increase the number of patients being diagnosed;
- provide dementia medication interventions. This will help identify medications contraindicated in dementia, that may cause the symptoms of dementia or exacerbate symptoms of dementia displayed by the patient. These interventions will help both patient and career to live well with dementia.
The service is open to people over 18 years of age.
Location of service
Method of commissioning
Source of funding
Other organisations involved
Attendance at a dementia focal point training session and a dementia awareness session is required.
This service is only available in the Bath and North East Somerset (BANES), South Gloucestershire and North Somerset areas only.